Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In between asleep and wide awake

I know, I know I really should start getting into the habit of writing in the daytime, that way maybe I end up awake in the night feeling like I have some writing to do. Currently I am in between the stages of being asleep and being wide awake. I have at a few moments been asleep. At least from what I can tell. Mike is also having a hard time sleeping. So he is in the other room watching a movie and I am sitting bed typing.

I didn't get the job at the real estate company that I thought that I would. So my mom and I started planning our trip out to North Carolina so that we could visit Natalie, and go to book signing of Safe Haven that Nicholas Sparks just released today. We were scheduled to leave on Friday Morning. It was going to be a lot of fun. But while I was at the temple on Tuesday with the stake relief society I had been praying about the my job search and being able to support the family and continue to let Mike work on school without him going to work. On the way home I got a call from the temp agency that I work for, and they asked if they could submit a job application in for me. I said sure, not really even thinking about it. But the next day as my mom and I on the phone were looking at hotels and talking about her actually being able to go anywhere the day after surgery, I started to get a little nervous about the trip. I had to run to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, I had all three girls with me and Laura from Kelly Services called to let me know that the job she submitted the day before would like me to start immediately. So the trip was canceled.

But on the plus side I do now have a job, at least for the next month. It is at ARUP laboratories at the Blood Bank in the U of U hospital. It as actually been really fun to be back at the hospital where we have so many memories from the NICU. It is also letting me get refreshed on the programs that I haven't used in 5 months. I know that I am good with a computer and with the Microsoft office 07 software, but after 5 months of non-use I have become a little rusty. So hopefully I can use this temp job as a buffer to relearn many of my skills and get adapted into a business setting. I have applied for another position for a company that I would love to work for. It is a private security firm, and I would be an office assistant, but the pay is good, not too far from home, and the best part is the benefits. They pay 100% of your medical expenses, there aren't any monthly premiums, family or individual deductibles, and no co-pays. Among many other fantastic benefits. So please, if anyone out there actually reads this, pray for me to get this new job. There also might be a possibilities that Mike would work a temporary 6 week stint down at the plant for the outage. They would need him to work 12 hr days for 6-7 days a week. At least that is what he says. I am guessing that they have to give him more time off, but I could be wrong. The good thing about him doing temp work out there, is that he will be able to have a chance to work out at the Delta power plant without being completely signed on with them, so he can see if he actually likes it or not. And the other added bonus is that he would be able to bring home a good amount of money for us to put into savings, and Christmas, among many other needed items.

The past week or two I have been trying to be more spiritual and be more vigilant about going to the Temple, reading my scriptures more often and saying my prayers with a more sincere heart. I know that it has made my days go better, and my ability to get angry quickly is slowly slipping away. There have also been the two experiences that have really touched me while at the temple, and it was after those sessions that the job search became more positive. I had been going to the temple fairly often, but after the time that I ended up at the Bountiful temple and did Inititories, I started to get calls about interviews and was able to practice my interview skills and get them to where I want them. Then after the last week with the Relief Society, was when I got called into do this temp job. So hopefully I can continue to go forward with the spirit that I have recently had and keep it going for my family.

Well I am going to go to bed, or at least try, I have to wake up in 4 hrs and go to work. So until next time my insomnia hits....

No comments: